I’m a huge fan of anything fun that also gets my family moving. I was excited to have the opportunity to check out Sky Zone Elmhurst. This was our first visit to a trampoline park. I have heard lots of great things about them, so I think I was more excited than my son!
Sky Zone is the world’s first indoor trampoline park. It’s a great workout combined with a lot of fun. There are several activities to choose from: Open Jump, Ultimate Dodgeball, Foam Zone, and Sky Slam. Sky Zone requires a waiver before anyone can jump. I appreciate that you can complete the waiver online before you arrive, it definitely saves time. But don’t worry if you aren’t able to complete it before you arrive, there are computers near the entrance that you can use. When you check in you are given a sticker to wear that indicates your jump start and stop time and grip socks.
One of the things I loved about this location was the variety of ages jumping around. I saw toddlers to teenagers and they were all getting a great workout and having fun. It was also great to see parents jumping with their kids. I jumped with my son for a bit then had to take a break! It was a great cardio workout!
What we loved about Sky Zone:
- You can jump in 30 minute increments. Depending your your child’s age and activity level, you will be thankful you can get your money’s worth. 30 minute sessions start as low as $10 all the way up to $120 minutes for $22, not a bad deal. And socks are included in the price!
- Safety first. Staff is all around the facility to make sure jumpers understand how to jump safely. I also liked that there was a separate area for little children so they can jump out of the way of adventurous teenagers.
- Parents Lounge. This is perfect for parents who want to bring their kids for an afternoon or evening of fun, but don’t want to jump for hours.I think it’s best suited for parents of pre-teen or teen children. It’s located in the mezzanine so you can also look down into any of the sections to see your child.
Before you jump:
- I recommend completing the waiver online before you go. According to the website the waiver remains active for one year, but you should confirm if you are unsure. It’s important to note that you’d have to sign another waiver for each location you visit.
- Leave your valuables in the car or at home. There are lockers for a small fee, but you don’t want to have to keep up with anything while you are jumping around.
- Eat after you jump. I felt a little nauseous after jumping so I imagine if I had eaten before going, it wouldn’t have been pretty.
Sky Zone Elmhurst would be a great place for an upcoming birthday party, girls night out, or family night of fun. Check here to see if there’s Sky Zone near you. You can also connect with Sky Zone Elmhurst on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.